Teaching classical guitar has been of special interest to me. I have been doing it for over 35 years and now have numerous successful, former students. At this point, however, I am no longer taking on new students. I might make an exception in the case of an exceptionally motivated, young, talented, and eager student wanting to learn serious classical technique and repertoire.
This is and has been my teaching philosophy:
- Solid grounding in music reading and basic musical literacy.
- Basic musicianship: good tone quality, phrasing, and how to make the music “sing.”
- Technique that makes playing easier and produces more gratifying results!
- Having fun!
I also offer the following resources for students:
- Basic Scales for the Guitarist
- Practicing Tips
- Rules for Conquering Performance Anxiety
- MusicTheory.Net — an interesting site to work on music theory. There is even a place to quiz yourself about the guitar fingerboard.
I also recommend the links on the CDs and Links page for students.